My Announcements and Achievements

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Raw Apple Cake

  

My mom used to make a raw apple cake, this is her recipe that I updated a bit with adding chi seeds and flax seeds for fiber and a different taste. Of course that is an option you decide. Try my recipe

Please be sure to follow my blog

https://cherylstastyhomecooking.blogspot.com/

My Instagram Follow me

https://www.instagram.com/mscheriluv/

Follow me on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CherylsCookingandCraftingatHome

Please be sure to follow my blog

makes 1 - 9x13 inch pan

what you need:

 1 cup white sugar
 1/2 cup brown sugar
 1/4 cup chia seeds
 1/4 cup flax seeds
 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
 1/4 teaspoon salt
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
 1/2 cup vegetable oil
 2 eggs, beaten
 1 cup sour milk
 2 cups apples - peeled, cored and chopped
 
 topping
 1/4 cup brown sugar
 1/4 cup white sugar
 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

How to make it

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Make the topping by mixing together 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, chopped walnuts and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.

In large bowl, mix together 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, flour, chia and falx seeds, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Make a well in the center, and pour in the oil, eggs and sour milk. Beat until smooth, then fold in chopped apples.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with topping mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.

ready to bake
Doesn't that look good, you should smell it baking


No comments:

Post a Comment