My Announcements and Achievements

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Barbecue Beef Sandwiches


I made a large roast the other day and so with the leftovers I decided to make some BBQ beef sandwiches, they are so juicy, and filled with good BBQ sauce and flavor.

what you need:
NOTE* I used half the ingredients for a already cooked leftover roast, sliced in small chunks, that I had warmed up for about 20 minutes so I could add flavor and chop it up.
then I just put it in a food processor for just a few pulses till it was shredded, go easy so it doesn't over chop to small!

3 pounds Beef Roast (how to cook a full roast below or use leftover roast and skip cooking the meat)
3 tablespoons Flour(only use if you are cooking a fresh roast)
for sauce:
15 ounces Tomato Sauce
1 large Onion -- chopped
1/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon Beef Bouillon Granules
1 1/2 teaspoons Chili Powder
1 clove Garlic -- minced
1 teaspoon Dry Mustard

5-10 Hamburger Buns, mixed grain depending on how much Roast you use

How to make it:
If you start with the whole roast then follow this easy recipe, here I used half the ingredients and used already cooked meat from leftovers from another meal this week, so either way you get awesome BBQ beef.
To make, mix half of the ingredients in a bowl stir to mix then add to leftover roast that I heated up in 1 cup beef broth for about 20 minutes
**See NOTE
If using the whole fresh roast then skip above and add the full amount of ingredients. Follow below
Rub flour into roast. Place roast in bottom of a crockpot and add remaining ingredients, except buns. Cook on low for about 14-16 hours. Serve hot over buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment