My Announcements and Achievements

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Moist Banana Bread or Muffins


This recipe makes the best banana bread and muffins I truly have ever made and I never want to lose this recipe so you should try it too. I use it for both bread and muffins. I have a jumbo muffin pan that makes 6 big delicious muffins. I bake these at 350 degrees or almost 35 minutes but ovens vary so I would watch them during the last 25-35 time and test with a clean toothpick inserted in a muffin if it comes out gooey they are not done yet. Best of all these don't take very long to put together and your family will love you more.

Ingredients:
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).

In a mixer, mix butter with the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl slowly
Add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
Next add in the baking soda and salt and mix in.
Add the flour last, mix.
Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.

Bake for 1 hour.
Cool on a rack.
Remove from pan and slice to serve.

MUFFINS:  Most standard muffins will bake for 18–22 minutes. Mini muffins or small cupcakes will bake for 8–10 minutes or about 5–8 minutes less than regular size muffins. Large sized (or jumbo) muffins will take 20–24 minutes or add 8–13 minutes to the time required for regular size muffins quoted in a recipe. I baked these banana muffins about 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment