My Announcements and Achievements

Friday, September 16, 2022

Southwest Potato Salad

 


Southwest Potato Salad is a great twist on old fashioned potato salad, with just a little spice but not too much, you can spice it more if you like it hot. The dressing for this is amazing, it also would be good on tacos, pitas, sandwiches and more.

Please be sure to follow Me

https://cherylstastyhomecooking.blogspot.com/

My tiktok.com/@witchymoonwoman

My Youtube Witchy Woman Cheryl

My Instagram Follow me https://www.instagram.com/craftywitchywoman13

Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CherylsCookingandCraftingatHome

My Crafty Blog https://cherylscreationsblog.blogspot.com/

Please be sure to follow Me Thanks


Serves about 6-8

What you need:

6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed

2 celery ribs, chopped(I like to use the ones with the tops chopped)

4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped(I save half for the top)

4 green onions diced fine(I save half for top)

1/2 cup chopped onion(I used red)

1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped

2 small mini sweet peppers, seeded and chopped

1/2 dill pickle or sweet pickle(optional if using sweet pickles I use 2)

1/2 cup mayonnaise

3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard

2 teaspoon sugar(optional but it really boosts the flavor)

3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce(I use Franks, it's the best)

1/4 teaspoon dill

1/4 teaspoon parsley(dried or fresh chopped fine)

1/4 teaspoon cumin(optional)

1/4 teaspoon bbq seasoning(like big country or your favorite)

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper


How to make it:

Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool to room temperature.

Also boil your eggs now rinse and let cool, peel

In a large serving bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, eggs, onion, jalapenos, mini bell peppers, half the green onions

In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, hot pepper sauce, sugar, and seasonings. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Top with the rest of the eggs and green onions Sprinkle with Paprika  Cover and refrigerate at least an hour or overnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment