My Announcements and Achievements

Monday, October 11, 2021

Air Fryer Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwich



Please be sure to follow my blog

My Instagram Follow me

https://www.instagram.com/mscheriluv/

Follow me on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CherylsCookingandCraftingatHome

Please be sure to follow my blog


I lived in Iowa for several years as a kid and young adult – a breaded pork tenderloin sandwich is near and dear to my heart but I just can’t find a good one here in Oklahoma. So – I decided to get in the kitchen and made my own! The best part is you can make big sandwiches with them or slice them up and make tenders or sliders! I bet once you try these you'll like them too


WHAT YOU NEED:

4 pork tenderloins or boneless pork chops(pounded with a meat mallet)
1/2-1 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs lightly beaten
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
salt, pepper(I use coarse)
garlic powder, dash of cayenne(optional)
olive oil spray


HOW TO MAKE IT:

Place one pork chop in a ziploc bag and pound them until just 1/4-inch thick – using the flat side of a meat tenderizer.

Get two plates and a bowl. In one plate, pour flour. In bowl, whisk together eggs, salt & pepper. In the last plate, place the bread crumbs and stir in salt & pepper.

For full size sandwich – Take one flattened chop and dredge both sides in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. For tenders – slice flattened chop into 3-4 slices and dredge as noted.

Gently place pork into air fryer. Spritz with olive oil spray.

For full size sandwich – air fry at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Open air fryer, flip, spray and air fry for 7 minutes more. I did 12 on each side as my air fryer is also my oven, so it's bigger and takes longer to cook. You may need to cook longer, different air fryers heat differently I find mine needs longer. For tenders – air fry at 400 for 4 minutes or longer per side – spraying each side with olive oil spray. Transfer to a plate and repeat the process until all pieces of pork are fried.

For full size sandwich – serve on bun and top with mayo, mustard, ketchup, onions and pickles. For tenders – dip in your favorite sauce! (Honey Mustard, Ranch or Fry Sauce!)

No comments:

Post a Comment